Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 8 - The Climb to Sea Level


[Sorry these are behind and taking so long, we are very busy, and the internet is awful. If I am not caught up by the time I get back I will continue to post until all my days in the Holy Land are covered.] Enjoy!

From -1300 feet to 0 was the climb of today. To reach the palace fortress created by Herod the Great on the shores of the Dead Sea.

Masada.


We climbed up what is know as the Roman ramp, which was the ramp built on the side of the cliff in order for the military to capture Masada.



After taking the tram down the other side of Masada we headed over to a place that overlooked the canyons and the caves of Wadi Murabat. This is one of the places where some of the Dead Sea Scrolls were recovered from. 

From there we drove a few minutes to a place were we could swim float in the Dead Sea. 



The mud made our skin soft.




1 comment:

  1. Looks great Greg!  I love that the mud makes your skin soft :)

    ReplyDelete