Sunday, May 15, 2011

Israel Trip Day 1 - Mini Bags Of Peanuts

Flying is probably one of my least favorite things to do, ever. So excited for where I am headed, yet caged in a seat that I barely fit into. It's probably why I only allow myself to have one of my all time favorite drinks, Ginger Ale + Cranberry Juice, when I am flying. It makes it seem at least bearable I guess...


Today we flew from Sea-Tac to Detroit.


Detroit had about 50mph cross winds, the piolet told us over the loud speaker, "I don't feel comfortable landing in this weather, I am going to go around again and follow someone else in." Way to instill confidence....


Once in Detroit our flight out got delayed, they actually told us they had no idea when it was going to get in. So we sat around and waited. Then when in finally came in we boarded up and sat on the run way, for 1 1/2 hours.... 


Did I mention that this plane was the oldest and most scary looking thing ever?


We finally get in the air on our way to New York, only to find out after we land that we missed out transfer to Amman, and the next flight out isn't until 8pm the next day. So we get a free day in New York, which is cool because I have never been her.


Then there is all this drama about hotel and food vouchers that I dont want to get into because its been a long day and I am tired. 


Moral of the story? Don't fly Delta Airlines, unless you like having all your plans ruined. 


No pictures or videos yet, mainly because today was awful. Tomorrow should be better!


New York city, then an 11 hour plane ride to Amman. 



1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Greg and so jealous of the picture of you and your friend in New York!!  Would LOVE to go there!!

    ReplyDelete