Sunday, May 15, 2011

Death Of A Normal Life

So what is it all worth at the end?
Your life shrunk down to the 40 years you spend,
doing someone else’s work, under someone else’s pay.
A nickel, a dime, a dollar a day.

And was all the time on your clock spent,
wondering where your dreams went?
Build a family, a house, a home.
Live life normally to the bone.

So sit there you drone,
a mind made of mud, and a heart made of stone.
Friend, good friend, I will not end up like you in the end.
My farewells to a normal life I send.

For this is the last time I listen to the clock,
the echoing sound of the tick and the tock.
No longer will it sit around my wrist.
I smile at how much it will never be missed.

For my dreams have come full circle, God, be it God the reason why.
So young I will not let my mind just sit here and die.
Dreams vs. Normal life, I’d honestly rather die,
sitting here…. saying I tried.

-By Chris Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment