Sunday, August 7, 2011

Standing Small In A World Of Giants

Wash away, all my tears,
for I’ve studied this bible for many long years.
And they only thing I’ve, ever learned form it,
was what the act of sacrificing, actually meant.
I’ve been a civilian within the crossfire.
I’ve been a romantic with love and desire.
But if I am not a man of Christ,
then what kind of man am I at all?
If I am not a man of God,
then in this world of giants I will stand so small.
I went hours without this addiction,
anger being my only conviction.
You showed me, within those hours,
the strength of your mighty, grace like powers.
And how I might be able to beat these thoughts.
Preserving threw all the wrongs and nots,
of life…
It was three nails, not two or one,
and odds are, that without you this battle for life,
of life, cannot be won.

-By Chris Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment