Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mortal Hearts

Pride: The current infection.
The reason for the writer’s deception.
Play the game they teach you to play.
And as for your faith, you’ll have nothing left to say.
Some will never learn, oh some will never learn.
There company is ours, but there life is not.
The devil walks amongst the city.
Curse me, for I have unraveled his plot.
We gather in a circle,
but we mock the king.
We sit on our thrones,
but are we accomplishing anything?
“Take what you’ve learned,
truth you’ve built yourself on,
the God that you love,
and call it out to be wrong. “
Never!
You have my company,
but my faith is mine.
Curse me, for staring into the universe
and seeing something of the grate divine.
Mock me.
Curse me.
Break me.
Burn me.
Yet my God is still here.
Yet my faith is still mine.
Coward, you’re afraid,
of something that proceeds mortal time.
Fear is evident in your heart.
You can only hide behind your mask for so long.
This is not about who is right.
This is not about who is wrong.
I am no better then the man next to me.
One dies on land, while the other dies at sea.
Oh how I pray, how I wish you knew.
You can curse and scream, but I will not convict you.
For I am not God, I am just a man.
And all my thoughts quickly fall to the sand.
This light that I carry dose not fade away.
It brakes down the dark, and lifts the good from the gray.
I stare into the crowed, but your face dose not blend.
And I could sit here for hours telling you of the begging and of the end.
But all I would say is worthless, if I did not tell you that you were loved
By a power grater then me.
You are loved, by a power grater then,
mortal hearts.

By Chris Cameron 9/3/11

No comments:

Post a Comment