Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hybrid Church





Last year I had an opportunity to take a class lead by Dr. Alan Ehler about church planting, and half of the class time we would have a local Church leader come in to discuss some of their ideology, what works and doesn't and what not.


One of the most memorable Pastors that shared with us was Pastor Dave Browning with Christ the King. We got into a very deep discussion about the importance of different sized churches and what the landscape of church looked like. With most of the discussion revolving around what Mega/Micro churches do well and what areas they lack in.


A few months ago Professor Ehler shared with me that Pastor Dave decided to write a book to discuss the topics that we discussed during our class time. I have begun reading this book, and it has started to effect the way that I view my own ministry and the direction my future ministry will head.


I would suggest this book to anyone that not only wants to be involved in church planting, but any minister to help guide their current ministry.


You can find it on Amazon here: Hybrid Church by Dave Browning

No comments:

Post a Comment