Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fuel for Today

I realize that I can be a complete nerd. I know the name of almost every smart phone out there, except for blackberry, I think RIM just needs to give up at this point... I buy and sell gadgets often, Criaglist is my friend. My roommate must think I am crazy at times.


Part of it is because I really believe that my life is better with gadgets surrounding me and organizing my life, but the more I read about future of the tech world, the more enamored I become with the companies that hold my secrets. To be honest Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Apple know more about me than any one, which is kind of scary...


But my love for tech isn't just because I want to be "that guy" with the cool hair and the plaid shirt with the macbook in starbucks, or because I want my life to be easier, it is because the future of what technology can be and where it is headed inspires me. I read countless articles a day about tech news, and often I get way too excited for new products and ideas being developed.


I am a futuristic thinker in a future focused world. What could be gets me moving. 


But the most important part of life is not the what could be, but instead it is what is. I could decide that I want to be a great husband and father one day, but If I am not treating Kelsey (my girlfriend) as the wonderful woman that she is, I will never live up to who I want to be. 


I often have to ask my self what am I doing now that is of importance, because the rungs I grasp today, will be the ones I stand on tomorrow. 


Let the what could be fuel the what is.



No comments:

Post a Comment