Monday, June 27, 2011

To A Demon

To A Demon

I hold you now in vivid color,
I see you, for the perfection of darkness, in which you have become
And I must admit, that you are truly a worthy adversary.
But none the less…. you can be defeated.

For this is no longer a game of right and wrong.
What value you have, if any, is not outside the mind.
Therefore…I can control you.

You’ve harmed many in your wake.
And yes, at times I have been at your feet.
But in all my weakness, and in all my hopelessness
…I did not give up on God.



So here now in this dark room,
you and I shall be at each others throats.
You cannot die, and you simply cannot go away.
…But you’re afraid.

For too long has my mind been a home,
a comfort, for your lusting thoughts.
For too long, you have been at my side.
But now… your home, will become a prison
And you will watch, as years to come, I will bring glory to his name
For that is a truly the hell of a demon:
…To see hope rise from the ash in which you’ve created.
You…will lose.

From The Servant

No comments:

Post a Comment