Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I am not in the Business of Growing a "church"



I had a great opportunity to help start a brand new ministry and I was excited for it. There was the promise of growth, plenty of financial backing, excitement for the new ministry, everything else you could want from a new job.

But something felt off, I can't explain it, but I was not at peace about it.

The problem was that this "church" was just that, a "church," and I want to be apart of the "Church." (I wish I could give more detail, but in an effort to protect my relationships with my friends at that ministry, I won't)

I make this distinction because one is concerned with growing their "church" and the other is concerned with growing the "Church of God." 

I am not in the business of growing a "church," I am in the business of sharing Jesus to my friends. 

It does not matter which "church" you go to, it only matters that you know Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment